SC - questions

UnruhBays, Melanie A UnruhBays.Melanie.A at broadband.att.com
Thu Jun 15 13:12:48 PDT 2000

<snip>

> You are assuming that such a feast would cost much more to put on
> than an ordinary one. Why? Having dozens of dishes is a lot of work,
> but since the total amount of food people eat is more or less limited
> by the size of the stomach, the cost of ingredients isn't much more
> than for a simpler feast.

<snip>

Not necessarily. My reasoning is that, with the smaller size of the feast, I
might want to use foods and recipes that are more expensive to make. The
chance to provide a real spectacle, a creative license. If people expect an
"over-the-top" feast, I'd like to have the $$ to provide them with something
*really* spiffy.
Also, my figures include site fees. Often, too, in our Barony, the smaller
sites cost more per person than the larger ones. A large site that seats 450
may cost $750, or under $2 per person. But the smaller church that we used
last year that seated 50 was $250, or $5 per person.

Maredudd