SC - Feast this weekend

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jun 21 20:51:52 PDT 2000

Gunthar said:
> > WAs this an SCA feast, or something else?
>
> It was not only an SCA feast, it was a Passe d'Armes.
>
> > In either case, I guess the Pollyanna viewpoint is that they did at least
> > try to provide something appropriate, if a small amount and not the best
> > version. Maybe next time, they'll have the nerve to serve a better attempt
> > at period food, with a 'taster' of modern food on the side?
> >
> > Bonne (alias Pollyanna)
>
> Well there is a push to do a little better next time.

Sigh. I guess that is good. I'm not sure the one at this last weekend's
King's College was much better. I guess it fits within some definitions
of
"period". It just didn't fit mine. "Feast will consist of such New World
delicacies as roasted wild pig and turkey, corn, beans, squash,
potatoes,
Indian fry bread and more."

We left before feast so I don't know how good it was.

The rest of the event was quite good. One of the best King's Colleges
I've attended in several years with seven different class tracks,
including some good food classes. And it was put on by a small, fairly
new shire.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net