SC - Question re. Cooks Guild badges

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 23:09:36 PDT 2000

Allison and Juliana -

Many, many thanks for your efforts on my behalf!

These will certainly help in avoiding conflict with established badges! :-)

On the same topic - I spent a few hours last night with a local Herald and
his Pictorial (along with other amused members of my local Baronies A&S
meeting) - going through all the pictures and discussing their suitability.

In true Herald style (well - over here at least they are prone to pun more
than a normal soul would dream of) my friend skillfully drew the well known
symbol of the "great arches" and was a little crushed when I was adament
that the Guild would not dream of imposing on their domain....  ditto the
Narwale roasted above flames (although the shackles and sharp pointy weapons
were of interest to a few of our resident cooks :-p

The Salamander looked good (and the more astute ones appreciated the use of
a period name for a period utensil) but incorporating it into a device that
loudly proclaims "I'm part of the cooks guild and my kingdom/principality of
origin is" is proving a wee bit difficult (esp. since I don't wish to simply
register the salamder on field of whatever, thereby stopping anyone else
using the beastie and ruining our ultimate plans of World cooking domination
- - and besides I'm sure that there's any number of personal devices that we
have to avoid conflict with as well...)

Will keep you all informed of the Great Guild Badge Hunt....

:-)

mari