SC - Honeycomb (confectionary) - question to the list

Browning, Susan W. bsusan at corp.earthlink.net
Thu Jun 22 21:10:50 PDT 2000

And what city do you live in Balthazar?

Eleanor

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
[mailto:owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of CBlackwill at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 9:03 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: SC - Honeycomb (confectionary) - question to the list

In a message dated 6/22/00 5:48:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
KallipygosRed at aol.com writes:

> > And completely unrelated, but do you know what American's call
>  >  >honeycomb? (The oncfectionary sort, not the from the hive sort). I am

>  >  >trying to explain to our Harvard intern what a Violet Crumble > is...
>  >

I believe it is a highly sugared honey based meringue.  At least, that's
what
it tastes like (or nougatine).  By the way, Violet Crumble is available at
the 7-11 around the corner from my apartment.

balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?