SC - Kuskenole - was, Authenticity, philosophy, and advocacy

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jun 23 22:51:07 PDT 2000

At 9:02 PM -0400 6/23/00, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

>  > Make that FOUR illustrations. We do have an illustration of the actual
>  > redacted recipe following the original as you interpreted it. An
>accompanying
>  > photo with the grid of the original manuscript overlaid is also available.
>  > While this does not prove your side of the debate, it clearly shows us that
>  > your interpretation is clearly possible.
>  >
>  > OTOH, we do not have any facsimile artifacts or photos of the finished
>  > product from His Grace's camp. Whether due to unavailability or
>to inability
>  > to produce an edible product using His Grace's interoperation is unknown at
>  > this time.
>
>Are you suggesting His Grace could be the perpetrator of a Piltdown
>Cuskynole hoax? That never would have occurred to me.

While on the subject of hoaxes--precisely what evidence do we have
that the "photo" on the web page mentioned actually shows cuskynoles,
even  Master Adamantius's corrupt version thereof? There has been
considerable progress in the technology of forgery since the Piltdown
man episode, after all.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University