SC - hypoglycaemia

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 10:19:45 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/26/00 9:26:34 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
lcatherinemc at hotmail.com writes:

<< A prolonged
 hypoglycemic episode can cause heart and  organic brain damage.

A prolonged hypoglycemic epiosde can cause death. Diabetics who take too much
insulin know this. They end up with very low blood sugars, coma, and death.
My mother once registered 10 on a glucose test when the doc thought she had
high sugar because he misread a chart and gave her too much regular insulin.
She was epashic (like a stroke victim, drawn features and sounds but no
words) blind, seizured, and went into light coma. When she came out of it she
had recent memory loss of about two years that never returned. But we were
lucky to get her back, she almost died. So, it can have very bad side effects
if not treated properly. In light cases of it, the headache and overall "ill"
feeling that precedes it should be enough to get you to do something to
correct the situation, but for those who choose to ignore it, it can be
harmful.

That aside, I don't believe the person who said there were no side effects
was saying that there were **no** side effects that were really bad; what she
was saying was she didn't know and hadn't heard of any **herself**....

Lars