SC - Re: Rose Water

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 18:39:52 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/25/00 10:43:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
magistra at tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Hmmm... it's a larger bottle, about 10 oz..  It cost $2.80 and I bought
 it from a middle eastern diner/grocer's.  The brand is Cortas;
 ingredients are listed as "distilled rose water." >>

OK. Thanks. This is the type of rosewater I use for period recipes.

Surprisingly when combined with other spices there is often an underlying
hint of 'horseradish' flavor when using rosewater in certain recipes.
Although not period, Puck served us fried potatoes and onions on his boat
with rosewater in them. It was absolutely delicious and had this underlying
flavor.

Ras
Countless numbers of people have eaten in my kitchen and gone on to lead
normal lives. -Unknown
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/