SC - sauce makings

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 21:41:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/26/00 3:47:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kareno at lewistown.net writes:

>   How can I make this sauce at home?  I know there was lemon juice,
>  parsley, butter,  but it was opaque & creamy,  so cream?  or maybe a roux
>  base?

Sounds very much like Veal Picatta, but no capers.  There are a number of
ways the sauce could have been made.  A roux based sauce would give you a
creamy consistency, as would a simple reduction of the lemon and stock,
finsihed off with a little cold butter (monte au beurre:  Finish with
butter).  As a matter of fact, almost all of the sauces we produce at the
restaurant are done in this way (made in the pan, allowed to reduce, and then
finished with butter just before sending out to the table).  The butter
allows a quick emulsion of the other ingredients, and gives the whole dish a
satiny, rich texture.  Needless to say, we don't give a hoot about diets and
fitness where I work...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?