SC - Re: liqueurs

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jun 28 17:40:40 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/28/00 1:17:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<<  Hops does not
 appear to be used much early on >>

Actually, from my understanding, hops were used early on. They were used as a
potherb and medicinally. Agreed, they were not used for brewing early on but
other plants were used in their place. It appears that hops were eventually
relegated to brewing because they possessed all the qualities of the other
herbs used earlier and they grow fast enough that commercial brewers took an
interest.

No, I cannot provide specific documentation because that subject either a) no
longer interests me or b) I simply do not have the time to do someone else's
research in an area that does not interest me. Sorry. :-(

Ras

Countless numbers of people have eaten in my kitchen and gone on to lead
normal lives.
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/