SC - Anasazi beans

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 1 09:40:54 PDT 2000

Philippa Alderton wrote:

> While I'm thinking of it, Christianna, have you been able to find me the
> Anasazi beans? If so, how much for how many? If you can't get them, I think
> Gunthar had volunteered to help.

I believe the lady got a source. But if she still needs them I can bring them.

> BTW, Gunthar, does this mean you'll be coming to Pennsic?

I should be coming. I may as well let the list know that I have been
volunteered
to be in charge of Ansteorra Chili Night on the second Wednesday.  So I'm
now frantically trying to get money, equipment and workers to feed chili to
500
of my closest friends 1000 miles from my house. Well, life was getting boring
anyway. Sorry, I won't be doing "period chili".

So far my plans are to make three types: mild, medium and mild vegetarian with
sauces, peppers and condiments on the side. I will try to not have beans in the

chili but that will depend on how much fundage I get. I'm sure there will be
one or two gentles that will be making their special nuclear chili for the
macho
amongst us.

> If so, when will you get there?

Probably the Sunday of the second week.

> I think SPCA needs to feed your poor starving self ;-) Maybe
> even perioid meso-American duck enchiladas....

Yum..

> And if you like, since you're
> such an excellent housekeeper, we'll even let you do the dishes.....

I like doing dishes. But my main worry is getting enough people for cleanup
from
the chili party. For some reason it's easy to get people to help cook but the
volunteers
seem to vanish when it comes to cleaning out large pots of dried chili with
cold water
in a camp....

Maybe the image of a bedraggled Count up to his arms in soapy greasy water will

inspire others to help.

Or they will point and laugh.

Yers,

Gunthar