SC - Bread Crumb Thickening

Wed Jun 7 07:02:52 PDT 2000

A standard 1 pound loaf of wheat bread will last about four days unwrapped
and uncut, two days if cut.  After that, they make excellent bread crumbs,
which seem to thicken better than the commercial breadcrumbs.

After I serve a homemade bread at a dinner party, I often make breadcrumbs
from the leftover slices.  By the following day, they are dry enough to
grind into fine breadcrumbs.

Bear