SC - Speculating on breakfast ...

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:40:54 PDT 2000

>As for having pancakes and waffles for other meals,
>yes, my family more frequently had pancakes and
>waffles for supper than breakfast.

Ever since my mom's friend, the yard sale-thrift shop-flea market fiend
located for us a 1940's electric waffle maker with cast iron grids (that
flip to a griddle surface for sandwiches) just like grandmamma's, we have
waffles topped with fruit for dinner at least once a month.  More in
strawberry season.

My 13 year old is willing to cook for almost any meal so long as we will eat
waffles. There have been Saturdays when waffles and syrup started the day
and waffles and fruit closed the day.

Her new specialty is grilled cheese sandwiches made with a mixture of
whatever cheeses are in the fridge.  She considers herself quite
innovative. I just let her have at it, I'm also willing to continue my
reading and then have a sandwich appear.

Oh, and the waffle iron only cost $5.

Bonne