SC - 90 ingredients Holloptrida translation

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jun 7 20:36:06 PDT 2000

>>IIRC, Rumpolt has a woodcut of a North American turkey in the book.
That
would suggest Jndianischer Han means a New World turkey rather than a
guinea
fowl.<<

Hooray!  What a boon for the feast budget if we can find a recipe or two
that really is our turkey!  Thanks, Bear.

BTW, there were poultry type wild critters that ran around in the woods
near a grade school I went to in Virginia Beach.  I never ate one, and
wonder if American guinea hens were imported from the Old World to the
New, or these are some related, but other, critters.  Never have seen
guinea hen in a modern market.

History of Food, Toussaint-Samat discusses the 2 birds and the language
confusion.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com