SC - quenelles again...

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 14:48:48 PDT 2000

> >  Old fashion "school
> >  tempora"(powdered) tempora paint is getting harder and harder to find.
>It
> >  has been replaced by acrlic pre-mixed paints.

Will pure pigment do the jobs, or is there something special about 'tempera'
pigment?  Studio Supply in Chapel Hill sells "Schmincke" pigments.  Jars
about the size of a can of soda, filled with pure pigment, oh so pricey, but
the burnt sienna truly is burnt sienna and the ultramarine really is
ultramarines and a jar that size could probably be divided amongst all the
scribes in Atlantia, and we'd still have to pass on the leftovers in our
wills.

I suppose there may be other brands, but these I dream of.

Bonne