SC - quenelles again...

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 22:17:15 PDT 2000

oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

> Will pure pigment do the jobs, or is there something special about
'tempera'
>  pigment?  Studio Supply in Chapel Hill sells "Schmincke" pigments.  Jars
>  about the size of a can of soda, filled with pure pigment, oh so pricey,
but

>  the burnt sienna truly is burnt sienna and the ultramarine really is
>  ultramarines and a jar that size could probably be divided amongst all the
>  scribes in Atlantia, and we'd still have to pass on the leftovers in our
>  wills.

Come payday, I am soooo there!  On the same topic, does anyone have any idea
as to what period scribes used to make yellow pigment for their paints/inks?
I have had some success with a few other colors, but yellow is hard for me to
find.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am seriously considering using
saffron at the moment, because the yello tempera I have is way too bright.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?