SC - water bugs

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sat Jun 10 04:31:46 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan li Rous

> My cats will play with them, but not eat them. Unfortunately.

Ducks eat them (or at least, we haven't seen a single one since the Ducks
move in, and I have seen them around once or twice here (once I was mowing
the back yard (about 1/4 acre or more) when I uncovered a nest of the bloody
things!  I haven't dared go near the place since, and it happened three or
more years ago.

Another time, I thought that I had seen one and took a closer look (blame my
masochism!) - it would have been amusing if the neighbours had heard me
muttering (mantra-style) "It's only a spider, it's only a spider...!

Gwynydd