SC - spices organisation

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 07:09:29 PDT 2000

I am soooooo depressed!  Here I thought I had about every spice imaginable.
I have a custon spice rack that is about 2 feet wide by 4 feet high, crammed
full of spices, alpahbeticly.  I also have 2 boxes of spices in my baking
cupboard.... but I see I am a piker!!
Phillipa
<<

 I have my spices on shelves that are 3 1/2 inches wide and 6 inches apart.
 The shelves are 4 ft long and are placed in a corner of the kitchen. They go
 from floor to within a foot of the ceiling. The top shelf is wider to
 accommodate large containers and tall bottles such as sauces and vinegars.
 The bottom shelf is 6 inches wide and is 1 foot down from the next shelve to
 hold mass quantities of things like raisins, zante currants in bulk, etc.
 These are corner shelves and extend four feet along both walls ( I_  ) To
 accommodate small  containers a 2 ft section has a double shelve.

 << Do you all alphabetize  or otherwise sort your spices/herbs? >>

 Yes, I have them in alphabetical order.

 Ras