SC - Encouraging the cooking of period food

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jun 15 22:46:16 PDT 2000

Bonne said:
> Go to
> the nearest University library and public libraries and create a
> bibliography of the locally available resources on the topic of food,
> cooking and serving--have it published in your baronial newsletter.

Two interesting ideas that I haven't seen here before. Thanks.

For those who don't feel they have time to create a set of articles for
their local newsletter, there are some in the Florilegium that might be
good for this, although some of these might be more of the intermediate
level than beginner level.
cider-art         (23K) 10/31/95    Article on brewing ciders.
Carbonadoes-art   (14K)  6/19/97    "Carbonadoes" by Adamantius. A
medieval
                                       "barbecued" meat dish.
Fst-Menus-art     (11K)  4/15/99    "On Rules for Feast Menus"
                                      by Lord Daniel Raoul le Vascon du Navarre.
Run-a-Feast-art   (14K) 11/ 2/98    "About Running a Feast" by Minna Gantz.
Compleat-Cook-art (28K)  9/ 4/97    "The Compleat Cook" by Dame Alys Katharine.
Docu-Cookery-art  (18K)  8/ 4/97    "Documenting Cookery" by Dame Alys Katharine
spice-use-art     (18K)  6/ 9/97    "The Question of Heavy Spice Use and
Rotten
                                       Food" by Lord Xaviar the Eccentric.
To_Mke_A_Tart-art (20K) 11/30/93    Article on medieval recipes using a cheese-
                                      onion tart as an example.
White-Mash-art     (8K) 11/20/99    A white pudding from the
Harpestraeng
                                       manuscript by Elysant de Holtham.

BNYeast-art       (14K)  4/24/97    "A Brief Note on Yeast" by Katerine Rountre.
Roses-a-Sugar-art (21K)  7/15/98    "Divers Pretty Things Made Of Roses
& Sugar"
                                       by Mistress Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.
Sugarplums-art    (19K)  7/15/98    "Visions of Sugarplums" by Mistress
                                       Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.
tomato-hist-art   (18K)  2/ 1/99    "You say tomato I say Xitomatl" by Lord
                                       Xaviar the Eccentric.

I have omitted those that I thought would probably be too long for a
newsletter article without serializing and there are probably others
that I missed.

And if you write an article, please send it to me to possibly include
in the Florilegium.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net