SC - spices organisation

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 00:13:13 PDT 2000

I don't organize my spices, or my herbs.  I use them too often to make any
kind of organizational method worth the time.  I know where they are, though,
if that means anything.  When I use one, I place it back in the general area,
usually to be later hidden by the next one I use, and then ransacked back to
the front the next time I use it.  I also don't label my oils or vinegars or
flours our any of that stuff.  If I need to know which one is the salt and
which the sugar, I taste them, if I can't tell by sight.  Same with olive oil
and seasoned olive oil.  My sun dried tomato and sun dried cranberry oils are
just different enough in color that I can tell the difference without a
label.  White truffle oil and walnut oil often throw me, though, I must
admit.  So, now my truffle oil is in a crock rather than a jar.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?