SC - questions

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 17:54:08 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/16/00 12:48:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:

<< presumably you can tell whether the source is inaccurate, if you read it
and you know a lot about period food, yes?

Correct.

<<So  you could tell them where it was inaccurate,>>

Correct.

<< Or send them to a source that is accurate. I'm not asking about telling
people 'go to the library and  look it up', I'm asking about sending people
to known sources... >>

And I am talking about teaching people. Looking something up and learning
from hands on experience are a world apart. I always recommend a new person
locally join the cook's guild or look in our Domesday to find a person who is
interested in their subject and is willing to teach. On hands experience is
always preferable, IMO.

Ras