SC - Poppa's mustard

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 13:30:49 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/17/00 2:09:38 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<<  Likewise, vines
 planted alongside (or in plots previously occupied by) various other berries
 also take on some of those flavors.   >>

Yes, I agree. I know **nothing** of wine, except what I like to drink. But my
friend stated that is why the transplanted grapes that were grafted to the
European stock after the pests nearly wiped them out (we were talking briefly
of this the other day--can't remember the name)--and he mentioned French
Merlot that was especially affected--became regionalized again and didn't
smell/taste/react like American grapes. They readapted to their soil, pulled
up the attributes, and converted. And he believes, although I can't verify,
that the Merlot grapes now were actually a combo from Eastern block countries
and America.

Lars