SC - Julia E Smith <julias+ at pitt.edu>: Re: "Susan Laing" <gleep001 at hotmail.com>: SC - Question re. Cooks Guild badges

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jun 21 21:55:51 PDT 2000

Here's some info on registered cooks' badges.  Juliana is on the staff of
the Laurel Queen of Arms, with access to all the file drawers, books,
on-line stuff, etc.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com

- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------
From: Julia E Smith <julias+ at pitt.edu>
To: allilyn at juno.com
Subject: Re: "Susan Laing" <gleep001 at hotmail.com>: SC - Question re.
Cooks Guild badges
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:00:31 -0400

> Was wondering if any of the US based Guild of Cooks have registered
> badges?
> and if you do - where I can find a copy of them (either online or by
> snail
> mail)

Cooks' Guild Badges.  There are two kingdoms and several smaller
groups.  There's no real pattern to them.  So do what you want.

Atenveldt, Kingdom of|7112A|b|Or, above a base rayonnee gules a cauldron
sable.|(For Cooks' Guild of Atenveldt)

East, Kingdom of the|7401|b|Sable, on a chalice argent a cross patty
gules.|(For the Cooks' Guild)

Carolingia, Barony of|7610|b|Argent, issuant from a pie a blackbird
[Turdus merula] to sinister and in chief a blackbird volant proper.|(For
Cooks' Guild)

Delftwood, Barony of|8503E|b|Azure, a cauldron argent charged with a
bunch of two cherries gules, slipped and leaved vert.|(For Gallimaufry
Cooks' Guild)

Katherine Linnet Holford|8211A|b|Or, a wingless dragon couchant
reguardant, tail elevated and reflexed, vert, breathing flames of fire
gules, suspended from the tail a cooking pot sable.|(For Caerthen Cooks'
Guild)

Thescorre, Barony of|7908E|b|Argent, two wooden cooking spoons in
saltire proper and in chief a cauldron azure.|(For Cauldron Blue Cooks'
Guild)

Tir Ysgithr, Barony of|8409A|b|Argent, a boar's head cabossed sable, in
its mouth a wooden spoon fesswise proper, all within a bordure
sable.|(For the Cook's Guild)

Azuria, Shire of|8504A|b|Azure mullety, a cauldron argent and issuant
from base a flaming mountain, all within a bordure Or.|(For Cook's
Guild)

Caer Mear, Barony of|8212Q|b|Per fess gules and azure, on a pale argent
two wooden spoons in saltire and a sprouting yellow onion proper. (For
Cook's Guild)

Hope this helps!

Juliana de Luna
- --------- End forwarded message ----------