SC - Re: charcoal

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 22 06:14:07 PDT 2000

They do a similar thing in Papua New Guinea, only with stones.  These are heated
in the fire, then a pit is lined with some of them, the food is put in, more hot
stones are placed on top, then covered with earth and allowed to cook...usually
all day.

I do have a copy of the tapestry, but it's upstairs.  However, if memory serves,
I did manage to find it on the web...I simply did a search on Bayeux Tapestry.
As I recall, the pictures are large and well-detailed, so it should be easy to
see.

Kiri