SC - Liqueurs

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 23 20:31:04 PDT 2000

Gunthar declared:
> The ever questioning Gunthar again.

Obviously you've been getting to close to me. :-)

> I'm assisting a lady in finding
> documentation on liqueurs, especially my rose petal liqueur. Now a
> couple of things I do know is that they were considered more medicine
> than drink and that they should properly be made with brandy. But
> does anyone have a source for such items?

Take a look at these files in the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium.
I remember updating them with a lot of neat stuff on distilling and
cordials from this list:
bev-distilled-msg (61K) 12/13/99    Medieval distilled beverages. Distilling.
cordials-msg      (67K)  9/ 9/99    Period cordials and liqueurs. SCA creations.

Hmmm. I guess that info is still in the queue to get added to these files.
Check back in a week and I'll try to get them updated in the meantime.

There is also this file just added today. Again, it may be a few days
before it is online:
Kiwi-cordial-art  (10K)  6/23/00    "Prickly Gooseberry, Mango,
Cardamom,
                                       Cordial" by Constance de LaRose.

> There, that should get us off the topic of weather in Montana.

Whether they do *what* in Montana? :-)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net