SC - Current Pennsic Cookery Classes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jun 26 05:56:33 PDT 2000

Correct...but consider this:  I understand from those who are more experienced
and knowledgeable historians than I that things (culture in general, food,
fashions, ways of doing things, etc.) changed far more rapidly 1900 - 1990 than
in our period.  Just look at fashion, for example.  Even though, with the recent
penchant for "retro", fashions today are vastly different than those in 1900,
and there were vast changes in between!

So even though I would expect to find many changes in foodways between 1900 and
1990, I would think that change would be slower from 1600 to 1680.

Kiri