SC - Sweets to serve with hot drinks

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Jun 27 11:50:09 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: David Friedman

> The major difference is that it is being pulled
> like taffy as the final step.

I wonder if it has to be pulled?  (I want quick things and don't want to
start playing with pulled sweets just yet, anyway - my kitchen is really not
ready for that!)  The way it is in the recipe I found reminds me of a sesame
bar which is readily available here.  This is certainly not a pulled sweet.
Perhaps (clutching at straws!) both versions were around?  I don't want to
make it if the result is not period, but I will not make it if it has to be
fuddled with this way.

Thanks for the information, though.

Gwynydd