SC - Sweets to serve with hot drinks

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Jun 26 15:17:47 PDT 2000

At 4:50 AM +1000 6/28/00, Lee-Gwen Booth wrote:
> [...]

Entirely possible--you can find lots of candy recipes in the Islamic
cookbooks. I gave that one both because, except for the final step,
it was so similar, and because it is one of the earliest medieval
recipes we have.

Of course, it might really be a classical recipe--much of the
contents of Mappae Clavicula seems to be stuff from classical
antiquity.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University