SC - Liqueurs

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Jun 28 06:41:15 PDT 2000

> I assume we are still talking about what to use as a base for a liqueur or
> cordial?  If so, what about using grain alcohol?  I've used it as a base for a
> couple of things and it works very well...but I'm not sure how period it would
> be.  I would think that it would be closely related to aquae vitae?

I'm kinda henky about using the high-proof 'grain alcohol' specifically
because it does have _all_ tastes removed, and because of its high
proof, which is achieved by multiple distillations under modern
conditions. I'm not sure (despite French's statements to the contrary)
that that tasteless condition could be achieved.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
   "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own"