SC - [Fwd: venison]

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 29 05:14:03 PDT 2000

- --------------9E4A7ADEF4D227A033F73A33

All,
Allison sent this response to me regarding the double cooking of the
venison roast we were discussing.  This is how she finally would up
doing it...just so's you'll know!

Kiri

- --------------9E4A7ADEF4D227A033F73A33

From: allilyn at juno.com
To: ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Subject: venison
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:03:47 EDT

Kiri, I've unsubscribed from the list, but am going thru old posts.  In
reference to the double cooking, Cindy or jasmine (or somebody) said that
venison cooks very quickly--and it does!  I ruined several
pieces--edible, but not at their best at all--by overcooking.  However,
lumps of grey meat are soooooooo unappetizing!  Get your bacon grease
quite hot, then flash brown the slices.  Be sure to use paper towels to
dry off the meat slices first, so you don't get awful burning splatters!
You are not doing cooking here, this is cosmetic.  Forward, if you want
to.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!