SC - "Dining with William Shakespeare"

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 29 07:32:35 PDT 2000

I have found it to be an excellent source, one that was recommended to me by one
of Atlantia's premier cooks.  It not only contains wonderful recipes, but it also
has a lot of additional information about the foodways of the period.  Most of
this information is integrated into the sections with the recipes themselves.
All of the recipes are given in their original form, followed by a redaction.
Most of the redactions seem to be quite reasonable.

However, finding a copy of the book to purchase is easier said than done.  I
finally got my own copy this past fall after searching for several years.  I
would up paying several times what the book originally cost, but consider the
money well-spent!  I feel certain, however, that the Library of Congress should
have a copy of it, and you should be able to borrow it on Inter Library Loan from
them.  If you'd like, I can check with a friend of mine who works for the Library
to see if they have the book and if it can be borrowed ILL.

Kiri