SC - Cippits

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Thu Jun 29 20:08:36 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 29 Jun 00,, that ALexandria Doyle wrote:

> The recipe itself doesn't seem difficult, until you get to
> the "serve y wth Cippits" part.  I also found another reference, same book
> in a Rump of Beefe recipe, to "then send it in with browne Cippits"
>
> What are Cippits?

I believe this is an alternate spelling of "sippets".  According to food
historian Karen Hess, sippet is the dimimutive of "sop" -- a toasted,
fried, or dried piece of bread which is used to sop up liquid.  In other
words, serve your frigasy over toast.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann