SC - Feasts in Trimaris

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Mar 1 07:25:23 PST 2000

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Jeff Gedney wrote:

> No, but I would argue there is no reason not to wear cotton instead of
> wool, because Florida is just too hot! I've been told that having Viking
> garb in cotton isn't authentic... But it feels alot better to me. :) Then
> again, I'm not entering my garb into ArtSci... I'm just trying for
> something that looks alright while being comfy.

Linnen? I have noticed no measurable difference in hot climate comfort
between cotton and linnen...

Or research what would have been worn by vikings living in Bysantium?
Since there are no accounts of them being considered unsuitable as
troops due to a high incidence of heat stroke, we can presume that they
solved the problem somehow.

/UlfR
 wondering how far away from food we can get before the Gunthar the ELM
manifests

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Don't discount flying pigs before you have good air defense.
		-- jvh at clinet.FI