SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1928

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Wed Mar 1 09:01:52 PST 2000

> As for the "(her Hiney)" bit, I will not hear this
> disrespect for the Crown or Coronet.  You will rescend that comment and
> make no further insults in that manner to the Crown or Coronet.
> You will either appologise to her Highness for the lack of respect or I
> will see you on whatever field you choose.  I will get authorized for
> the sole purpose of settling this, be it heavy or light, I will meet
> you.  I know not youe experience and care not, for part of the dream for
> me is fealty to my house and my Crown, and you have violated them both.
>
> I ask you how you wish to continue.

> Nicolas Du Leon

Okay folks, this is enough. I suggest that everyone sit back, have a nice
calming cup of herbal tea, and think about what is going on.
This started with some unfortunate comments by Her Highness of Trimaris.
Others stood up for what they considered maligning of their art.

This was okay as long as it was an intellectual discussion, albeit a passionate
one. But now the name-calling and downright rudeness it beginning to start.
The disrespectful name was uncalled for and an apology should be issued.
Your overblown reaction was uncalled for and an apology should be issued.
Apologize, shake hands and go sit in opposite corners.

Although I do not know the lady, I'm sure Her Highness will be most
appalled about what a firestorm her comments on (what she percieved) defending
her populace has caused. That the lady was mistaken is obvious but there
is no need for some of the anger that I have seen on both sides.

I will agree with Her Highness in that the worst feasts I have eaten have been
in the name of "period". But I've had bad modern feasts as well. It appears
that there must have been a series of bad period feasts in Trimaris so that this

would be an issue. I'm sure she has seen the mails and is now aware of her
mistake. A good and proper monarch will apologize and express her feelings
that no ill or insult was meant. Like many in the Society, she needs an
education
on what period food really is.

You want a challenge Nicolas? Okay, I issue a challenge to both Her Highness
and any Champion She wishes to accompany Her as well as to the most outspoken
members of the Cooking community. The Cooks shall prepare a meal of totally
period
dishes at Gulf War and present it to Her Highness. Her Highness will then dine
on
said meal and decide whether or not it was palatable. Will these parties accept?

This will give the opportunity for Her Highness to show what a gracious Ruler
she
can be as well as a chance to hopefully allow true artisans to change her
perceptions.

I will stand as adjudicator for both my Royal rank and as a person
semi-responsible
for this mess as the Cook's list is my domain.

Now, as a person who was once Daddy to 3000 unruly Ansteorrans, I ask that
everyone involved take a "Time-out" and cease this squabbling.

Yours,

Count Sir Gunthar Jonsson
Evil List Administrator for the SCA-Cook's list