SC - Enough with the endless Trimaris email!!!!!

Wed Mar 1 09:16:13 PST 2000

> To our Illustrious & Wise List Administrator. Might I respectfully
> suggest that this gentle perhaps be prevented from future posting to
> this List as he clearly has intent of only one type - to insult and
> not find an amiable solution. He has taken liberties that only have
> been disruptive to say the least. I will, of course, abide by whatever
> decision you make.

I will not ban this gentle from making comments which have basically
defended his Princess and his friend. He is reactionary and a bit blunt,
yes, but I won't ban people with attitudes that do not necessarily
agree with the majority of the list as long as they are not overly rude
or slanderous or they don't go outside boundries I've placed here.
This last exchange was very close to my limit and each of you stepped
over the line. Things will return to a respectful discourse or the whole
subject will be censored.

Whether or not I support one side or the other I allow opinions to be
discussed and points picked apart. This is the exercise of learning.
When information and courtesy are lost to a schoolyard shouting
contest, the debate ends.

I agree with most of what has been said by the proponents of this
list (naturally) but the other side has had some valid points from thier
point of view.  Her Highness did make a major blunder. Some period
feasts have been totally inedible. Nicolas did a major overreaction.
But some of the people on the cook's side have been a bit rude, some
appear to be acting like prima donnas, and some have not taken into
account that perhaps these people may never have had period food
that tasted good.

Everyone should step back and look at the other side.

There have also been some wonderful comments and comparisons.
Very good discussions and hopefully some minds have been at least
opened.

Keep things civil like the nobles we are and it will continue.

Yours,

Gunthar