SC - good food

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Mar 1 16:42:21 PST 2000

As I said:

> << My first feast and I get to serve about 200 for the day board, and 150
>  (max) for evening feast >>

    Most of everything can be made ahead and frozen -- the fresh veggies,
and honey douse and pies will have to wait until the day before (or of)  tho
even with the pies I will only be assembling and baking  -- all the prep
work done ahead.  So, back to the situation of getting my ducks in a row:

Spinach:  how many servings per pound?  spices to use with it?

Digby has a Ginger horseradish mustard sauce: can someone get that for me?

How can I make barley & funges without it getting weird for 150? I have yet
to see it done "right"  any suggestions how to prepare it & keep it like it
should?  Not soggy icky, not underdone, and not scorched!

37 days and counting down

Caointiarn

> I have seen this 'custom' before. Why do shires. etc. put the same person
in
> charge of every meal served? This is bizarre. We have a kitchen steward
for
> breakfast (Usually little to no experience), a kitchen steward for lunch
> (Usually more experience), and a kitchen steward for feast (experienced).
No