SC - Gulf Wars Challenge

Jehanne Argentee jehanne at netzero.net
Wed Mar 1 19:04:53 PST 2000

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/1/2000 2:41:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, lcm at efn.org
> writes:
>
> > Or in the case of blood products and a practicing Jew, you have just caused
> >them some considerable psychic agony.
>
> Actually, for a practicing Jew the rabbit would be unkosher anyway.
<snip>

Yes, you are entirely correct. I was, however, specifically thinking of
the ban on eating blood products and had forgotten that rabbits have the
wrong kind of hooves.

And on the overall, I was trying to think of an example of something
that was not just a health-related problem, but one of a
personal/religious nature that would not simply be waved away as picky.
It would be like 'sneaking' some meat into a dish and labelling it
vegetarian. Seriously bad karma and I hope no one on the list would be
so discourteous as to do something like that...

'Lainie
- -who eats meat (if I'm supposed to be vegetarian, why did god give me
omnivorous teeth?) but would get to make a trip to the undertaker if
given enough avocado...