SC - Online seed suppliers

Jane Williams jane at williams.nildram.co.uk
Thu Mar 2 12:05:13 PST 2000

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 2-Mar-100 Re: SC - Allergies
in general =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nan at ishol (2022*)

> Can I ask something, seriously? Why is it that you Americans have all these
> allergies?

There are several reasons for this -- first of which is that the
population of the USis derivede from an extremely diverse ethnic stock.
Each group brings their own particular food problems to the mix...

Part, too, is due to factors of diet and environment that are just
starting to be studied (things like connections between auto-immune
example).

Part of it is that people use the word "allergy" for "that upsets my
stomach" or "that gives me gas" or  "I think it tastes absolutely
putrid".

toodles, margaret