SC - Scungilli versus conch- OP

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 12:31:37 PST 2000

    OK, here's my 2 cents worth. Most of the people I know who have
allergies tend to spend most of the time in air conditioned environments.
There are several risk factors there, most notably mold and spores living in
the ductwork. Also, those who live that lifestyle (air conditioned work,
car, home) tend to have minimal exposure to things that can stress (i.e.
work out or strengthen) the immune and related systems. Generally speaking,
the more insular the lifestyle, the worse the allergies. I've also always
harbored a sneaking suspicion that it's psychosomatically induced, and is a
manifestation of some kind of self destructive stress reaction.
    I've worked construction, and I don't know of anybody in the trades with
allergies. Same thing with any field that gets you out into the great
outdoors, and puts dirt under your fingernails. But I know lots of teachers
and computer geeks who are allergic to something new every week.
    I don't know if one leads to another, but there seems to be a definite
relationship.

    Sieggy