SC - a new challenge

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Thu Mar 2 18:55:03 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/2/2000 5:45:23 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

<< Hmmm, from my reading of the BoD ruling, that's still "Society Funds" if
it
 was done as or at a sanctioned event.  Am I wrong?  Somebodfy out there who
 is more familiar with the where-ases and where-fores, please step in and
 correct me if I am. >>

Hmmm.  When was this BoD ruling?  I have been an exchequer for 11 years.
Local and Kingdom.  The only taboo thing I know of addresses funds used to
pay for "closed meetings".  This means circles, things like Queens Teas.
Regalia of each Kingdom is not considered anything like that.  It is what is
necessary for our "pomp and circumstance".  It is not permissable for Crown
garb to be paid for out of SCA funds that are made solely for the use of a
single Crown.  That goes for Barons and Baronesses too.  I would be glad to
pass this one past Mistress Tetchubah if you would like.

Aldyth