SC - White Pizza

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Fri Mar 3 09:09:16 PST 2000

Hullo, all!

I thought people might be interested in the preliminary findings, viz.,
that the Steamed Beef Stew in Anthimus' 6th-century "De Oberuatione
Ciborum Epistula" is very spiff indeed.

I'm finishing the cooking of the meat on top of the vegetables (yes, a
period European stew with vegetables!) shaking the pot every so often to
coat the meat with the sauce. About a minute ago, steam pressure in the
pot suddenly built up to the point where the whole house suddenly filled
with the most lovely smell of beef, herbs, and aromatic vegetables.

I'll give more details on Monday, probably, along with comments on our
attempts at afrutum or spumeum, a similarly-steamed "souffle" of chicken
or fish, and what looks like a wonderful hot lentil salad with sumac and
cilantro. The stew I am pre-cooking, and the rest is supposed to be
cooked during a two-hour hands-on lecture on the source book for
Hrim-Schola IV.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy