SC - linen

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Fri Mar 3 11:39:21 PST 2000

Now I do not know about all of Europe, but...

I lived in Germany for four years ( travelled through Europe).  I was not
military and lived in a small village in the Eifel (maybe spelling it wrong
after all these years).  I helped on my landlord's farm a few times.  We got
up before the sun was up and ate a quick (5-10 minute) breakfast of drink and
breads.  Then went into the fields.  Came back to the house at about 9:00 and
ate breakfast (again) this time we ate lots of food for about an hour.
Afterwhich we went back into the fields.  Came in for lunch at about 2:00 and
ate for about 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours,  very leisurely.  Came back in at dark
and ate (what seemed to me), not a whole lot and then visited for a few hours
and went to bed.

Rayne

<<
 These people need to learn the european way of eating is to take that long
 for a quick lunch. So I'm told, Our Euro members may feel free to correct me
 as I have never been farther east than Indianapolis, Indiana.

 Thorbjorn
 Wants to go to London, Edinburgh and Dublin
 Maybe even Rome before I die. >>