SC - Turkeys in Tusser

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Mar 3 20:04:44 PST 2000

Ok, I've been thinking some more about the cooking challenge.  (This is
my hypothetical one, not Gunther's proposed one for HRH Trimaris.)
How about advertising it ahead of time, and getting cooks to sign up in
advance.  Then have the boxes and the sources ready on Friday night, they
can pick up their materials as they come in.  Then, they have Friday
night to study the sources for recipes they can use with the materials
they get.  A Menu has to be posted by a set time, say, 10:00 AM on
Saturday (this lets latecomers like daytrippers have an hour or so if
they can get their act together in time).   If we're feeling really
magnanimous, we can let them know which sources will be available, and
let them bring their own copies.  They won't know the ingredients, but
they can be familiar with the books.
	An entrance fee might be charged to cover box costs.  Another idea might
be to let each entrant know what to bring, for example, tell entrant A to
bring 10 pounds of top round, entrant B to bring 20 pounds of parsnips,
etc.  Hard to divide up to be equitable, but it could be done, I suppose.
 Spices might have to be handled by the host.
	Then, the results can be judged on taste and presentation, as well as
documentation.
	What else?
	Christianna