SC - Re: Alcohol in food (RANT)

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Sat Mar 4 07:14:00 PST 2000

owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<< Personally, I have to admit that I have found this list can be a
 bit intimidating at times.  It is also very humbling.  Most of
 the entries are critiqued on some way.  If it weren't for the
 tidbits of knowledge that I gain along the way, I would say that
 its not worth my time to participate.  Just look at today as an
 example, over 200 new entries and how many of those were
 <jumping down now and ducking for cover> >>

You are not the only one to feel this way now, or in the past. Don't duck,
because your message to everyone is that people on this list could sometimes
use a lesson in tact. It is ok and necessary to point out problems,
inconsistencies and even downright incorrect information. But there is a good
way and a not so good way.  We are here to help each other and share our
knowledge, not to one-up each other. I have experienced both, and thank
goodness most has been of the former not the latter. Otherwise I would have
stopped posting long ago.

I am learning everyday, and I will never feel like I know it all (or even the
tip of the iceberg) Someone who I respect very much, told me "The more you
know the less you know" It has held true for everything from being an SCA
cook, an Officer with the Canadian Government and a mother of 3 boys.

Hauviette