SC - seed cake from Tusser

Diana tantra at optonline.net
Sun Mar 5 04:26:57 PST 2000

On Sat, 04 March 2000, LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/4/00 1:46:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> campcook at uswestmail.net writes:
>
> <<  I don't disagree with
>  the need for using original sources and recreating recipes, but
>  for any of us to look down their nose at someone who doesn't
>  measure up to our expectation, can do more damage than we may
>  ever know.  Wham!  One more potential cook lost due to feelings
>  of not being able to measure up.   >>
>
> Agreed but in regard to the Trimarian/cooks bastille, I would assume that the
> champions on the field would be the best that can be found, not beginning
> cooks. You send your best fighters to the field for a crucial battle not
> recruits.
>
> Ras

Thank you Ras, I agree that perhaps in this case my suggestion
of combat cooking is not the best solution.  Sending in the best
has its time and place and this conflict is certainly one of
those times and places.  However, it has sparked an interest and
given the right time and place can be a lot of fun and a great
experience.  I understand that some of the teams in our
kingdom are working very hard to be better prepared the next time
around.  It will be a lot of fun just to see the growth within
our kingdom, with regards to period cooking, as these types of
events that encourage study and preparation, continue.

- --
Ld. Steffan of the Close (The Camp Cook) Tir Ysgithr, Atenveldt
(Steven Cowley -- Tucson, Arizona -- scowley at uswest.net)

Vert, three armored arms in triskellion, each maintaining a
spoon, argent, between three cooking pots Or

Signup for your free USWEST.mail Email account http://www.uswestmail.net