SC - question after recipe

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 18:22:23 PST 2000

> pssst, Lainie, ya know that mother in law who would NOT stay off your BACK?
> The one who just hovers at your elbow knowing a far better way to do
> everything, and even wants to suggest how you wipe your own .. um, nevermind.
>
> THIS IS WHAT YOU DO WITH THE OL' BIDDY!!! Have _HER_ make birth
> announcements, proclaiming that Martha Said It Must Be So. Put a little
> quiver on the end of the declaration, sigh helplessly about how you can't
> possibly do it AND breastfeed, etc. Before you know it, she'll be
> volunteering and falling all over herself to do it for you.
>
> Not that I intend to have anymore than the 4 I already have.  BUT, for
> those of you who have yet to partake in that miracle of life, file this
> away as a hint.

Does anybody else find it ironic that a woman who has spent years trying
to erase any and all trace of ethnicity from her identity and mannerisms
(starting with changing her name and working from there) has a huge
percentage of women across the English-speaking world terrified they'll
be thought of as shiksas?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy