SC - A Recipe for Ras

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 19:44:25 PST 2000

Greetings

I reread your post and I guess I wasn't clear when I responded. If you
remove the alcohol, you will lose some of the flavour, because the alcohol
soluble components will not dissolve and enter solution. By removing the
alcohol you will diminish the flavour.

If I were doing this as a non-alcoholic beverage, I would make it as a
cordial w/ brandy, let it stand for three weeks, filter it, and then,
heat it gentlely in a non-aluminum pot to vapourize most of the alcohol
and yet, retain the flavour.  I'm not sure how much of the alcohol will
"burn" off.  My guess would be to simmer for 15 - 30 minutes, cool and
then bottle.

YIS

Ariann