SC - Re: Recipes

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Sun Mar 5 19:57:45 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/5/2000 6:52:03 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
tinyzoo at aracnet.com writes:

<<
 That black drink, from my knowledge of Native Americans, was most likely
 made from CHIKORY, depending on the region the NA's were from.  In the West
 at least, they made a Coffee tasing drink from roasted Chickory.  And no,
 I'm not exactly sure how to spell it. >>

That's CHICHORY, and it can be found today in New Orleans style coffees, such
as Luzianne or French Market.  Gives the coffee a real caffeine kick.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)