SC - Chicory in coffee - OOT

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 08:35:40 PST 2000

Oh, I am so sorry, but I just cannot stand Emeril.  If I hear him say BAM one
more time I will just scream  :-)  And I got enough Cayenne pepper and spices
in foods when I worked as a cook at the Waterford #3 Nuclear Power Plant west
of New Orleans.  I had to learn a whole new language down there:  i.e. I had
someone order Ham and cheese on Slice.  I looked at them and asked "A slice
of what?"  Everyone roared.  Seems "Slice" refers to "white bread"...as in "a
slice of white bread".

For me, my favorite cooking shows where I learn are:
Taste with David Rosengarten.  On Taste he takes just one food and tells me
the history and everything I would want to know about it, then prepares a
number of dishes using it.

Cooking Live with Sara Moulton.  Where she actually makes the dishes live on
TV and you can call in with questions.

East meet West with Ming Tsai.  Just because I like to.  I usually don't eat
food like he cooks.

AND the IRON CHEF... just 'cause I HAVE to.  I'm hooked... like a drug.

Rayne
Meridies