SC - Cooking Shows

grizly@mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 6 11:34:30 PST 2000

  You might try the old recipe "Peach Cordial"

In a one gallon wide mouth glass jar, pack fresh peach halves that have been
pitted.  You can leave the skins on, it adds to the color.
Layer these peach  haves, with cone sugar( this is the closest to "period'
sugar I have found) crushed. untill the Jar is 3/4 full. Be sure to fill in
all the spaces with sugar.  Close the jar and leave for 6 to 12 months, or
until all the sugar is "used". Strain and bottle.  You can "cut it with good
water, or brandy, as it is sweet.  But cut it with brandy at your own risk.
This tastes like peach surup,but.... don't try to stand up after you have
drank more than a couple of ounces.
   You can retain the peach halves and serve them over vanilla ice cream.
Yummm.

  Lady Katherine McGuire