SC - Starter Recipes

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Mon Mar 6 12:23:49 PST 2000

Stefan, asked:
Hmmm. I've lost track but were these recipes the ones specifically chosen
because they weren't wierd or were fairly close to some modern foods?

If so, I'm wondering if this recipe list or even better, an article would
make a good file for the Florilegium. Perhaps some folks that were
otherwise leery of period food might be persuaded to try these. The
recipes and redactions themselves might be useful, but might be too
much.

Now that the Cooking Symposium is over, can anyone tell me how to get
a hold of copies of these pamphlets? I think this may have been mentioned
back in fall, but I don't know where I filed that info.

Stefan,

What I did was sent him a sample of recipes that I would have made a feast
up of and asked him what the problem with those items would be.  I was
responding privately with him and they were never posted here on the list.
They were all recipes from Original Mediterranean Cuisine, because I wanted
to show him that I could make an entire feast from just one of the many
sources I have that no one would complain about eating.

If you would like me to post the recipes to the list I will be more than
happy to.

Also, If you read further Mistress Elaina has offered how to get the
pamphlets, but if you don't get the post, let me know and I will forward you
the information.

Murkial